Digital Optimization Specialist
News-Leader Media, a member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Digital Optimization Specialist to manage the ad campaign lifecycle, including optimization, reporting, and needed improvements to the campaign to deliver results. The Optimization Specialist partners with account managers and account executives, to manage performance goals surrounding campaigns and provides upsell and cross sell opportunities to achieve customer expectations. The Optimization Specialist drives results in order to support customer retention. The Optimization Specialist is responsible for building revenue through superior campaign management and customer relationship management.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the digital advertising marketplace. They leverage the portfolio of Gannett digital ad and media services offerings to meet customer objectives.
- Utilizes Display Ad Network tools, Central Ad Ops Communications, and DMS tracking systems to monitor the performance of active campaigns.
- Identifies opportunities for improving the quality of creative products that are encompassed in the campaign including email blasts, ad creative, and keywords used in online ads.
- Engages with the Sales teams to provide regular reporting updates about the performance of campaigns.
- Identifies sell thru and sales/sponsorship opportunities and conveys to the sales teams for immediate action
- Partners with Account Managers to monitor and deliver the components of the campaign post-sale.
- Collaborates with the account executives and marketing team to strategize, plan, and execute campaigns with appropriate metrics to meet client goals.
- Utilizes a sales repository such as Sales Force and a shared drive to upload campaigns performance reports and notify sales teams of results.
- Works with Account Executives and other departments to tell the story and prove the value of campaigns that drive results for customers. Includes upsell and cross sell product recommendations to achieve client expectations and increase digital market share.
- Effectively manages workflow and multiple projects in a timely manner to meet deadlines. Proactively initiates projects as needed to support sales team.
- Serves as primary contact with vendors (central ad ops/GO Digital) for tasks including troubleshooting campaign problems, performance reporting, and other functions related to optimization of sold advertising plans.
- Constantly communicates with Account Managers, sales team, and all internal departments to resolve issues as they pertain to campaign fulfillment (delivery in full) and optimization. Creates engaging and effective campaign performance reports and presentations.
- Keeps sales teams informed about the performance of their campaigns. Regularly communicates with Central Ad Operations and other vendors to maintain knowledge of campaign performance and issues.
- Works with fellow Digital Optimization Strategists to balance workload. Notifies supervisor of potential work overload or future scheduling issues.
POTENTIAL (COLLABORATION & CHANGE MANAGEMENT)
- Drives initiatives for positive, constructive change. Looks for opportunities to encourage others to become an agent for change.
- Gains trust and consensus of teammates and works with sales team and other internal departments on campaign performance metrics, tracking, and results-oriented advertising plans for customers.
- Accepts and seeks out mentoring and coaching for improvement.
- Embraces and quickly adapts to change.
- Works in conjunction with the sales team to assess the kinds of solutions that will drive results for customers. Offers ideas to enhance or streamline our internal processes.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to required education
- Minimum 1-3 years Account Management, Customer Service or Sales experience
- Proven record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment
- Demonstrated success in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media platforms
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management abilities
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including solid proofing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; SalesForce.com or other CRM tool preferred.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top