Digital Media Designer
The Gannett Imaging and Ad Design Center (GIADC), part of the USA Today network, is a full-service design group, specializing in pre-media services ranging from high-revenue campaigns to imaging and ad production services. We have a passion for keeping up on design trends and creating effective, eye-catching advertisements.
We’re looking for Digital Media Designers to create and design online ads using Photoshop, illustrator and programs allowing HTML5 output/animation for Gannett Sites and commercial clients.
In this role you will:
- Design creative and effective speculative and live ads for online to meet customer needs and department standards while meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with customer support on resolving customer questions and/or concerns.
Here’s what you need:
- Associates Degree in related field or comparable experience.
- Publishing or graphic design industry knowledge preferred.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of concentration towards customers (internal and external) required
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience with web design helpful
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment required.
- Proven customer service skills
- Photoshop, HTML, Illustrator. Proficient in operation of Mac and its design programs along with keyboard typing skills required. Knowledge of Edge Animate, Flash, HTML and CSS a plus. Industry specific software.
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY NETWORK, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top