Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
If you have a passion for digital marketing and social media, love to help businesses grow, and have the ability to lead and coach a team of digital marketers who support our sales account executives on digital products and applications, we have a great opportunity for you!
Michigan.com, Michigan’s Largest Media Marketing Company, part of USA TODAY NETWORK, seeks a dynamic individual to join our world class digital sales and marketing team. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will manage a team of digital advertising experts to our sales teams in the application of our portfolio of digital and mobile products and applications, such as SEO/SEM, social media marketing and web site design, and much more, to enable our account executives to market advertising solutions to regional client accounts that make decisions locally.
- Strategize and plan with Digital Marketing Specialists in the support of sales team members on digital marketing campaigns; effectively collaborating on digital advertising products.
- Train and coach team members on new digital marketing products and applications.
- Leverage and explain digital product portfolio to team and clients to provide advertising solutions that deliver ROI to client’ businesses.
- Utilize marketing tools and research to articulate the value of our portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or advertising; or equivalent work-related experience.
- At least 5 years of digital marketing, sales, or account management experience at an advertising/marketing agency or related business is preferred.
- Leadership and staff management experience.
- Must be digitally savvy with a thorough understanding of digital media platforms and applications, including social media marketing, SEO/SEM and mobile.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Division partners to execute programs that foster world-class marketing and sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop digital marketing specialists (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Collaborate with HR talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated digital marketing specialists focused on supporting account executives in their goal of sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide leadership in key areas including strategy, products/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Manage performance management actions.
- Identify digital marketing opportunities, as well as selling challenges, and work with account executives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Utilizes customer, market, and segment insights to bring new information and offers to clients in lieu of product marketing.
- Identifies complex customer needs and builds custom client solutions that differentiate Michigan.com and the USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverages multiple Michigan.com/USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal digital client solutions. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK’s premium digital capabilities.
- Articulates MICHIGAN.COM and USA TODAY NETWORK’s value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Ability to coach others and work effectively as part of a team is key.
- The successful candidate will thrive on problem solving and creating solutions; strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills are essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers as well as work well across functional groups. Good probing and listening skills are necessary to coach and support others and uncover needs and opportunities.
- The ability to present information and train others.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office products and CRM, preferably using SalesForce.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top