Digital Content Producer
USA TODAY Sports is seeking a digital content producer to join our multi-platform newsroom. The producer will be responsible for the creation, programming and sharing of digital content from USA TODAY Sports and USA TODAY NETWORK properties. This position requires night and weekend hours.
Position requires the ability to work out of USA TODAY Sports’ Los Angeles office.
- Create, manage and program USA TODAY Sports content across platforms
- Engage content effectively to capitalize on audience habits and trends
- Closely communicate with editors, producers and other content teams to brainstorm and execute content ideas
- Copy editing.
- Strong knowledge and skills in social media, social trends and an eye for not only the breaking, but also the buzzy news that will engage the audience.
- Monitor, analyze and react to real-time analytics tools and implement strategies accordingly
- Report/write content as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of digital publishing experience
- Must be self-motivated and can work independently when necessary.
- In-depth, detailed knowledge of sports.
- Strong news judgment. Reporting experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze metrics, use them to identify patterns and develop action items for exploiting them.
- Advanced skills in use of content management systems, social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope), publishing tools, such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be a great communicator that has proven ability to work well with other team members across not only the USA TODAY newsroom but also the USA TODAY NETWORK family of properties.
- USA TODAY Sports is a 24-hour news operation. As such, candidates must exhibit the initiative to respond to breaking news and the ability to deal with technology problems as they arise.
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in over 100 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top