Digital Content Producer
The El Paso Times, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an innovative, motivated and visual Digital Content Producer to lead, develop and execute digital/social news and marketing content targeting audiences.
The Digital Content Producer manages the delivery of content to digital and print platforms and meets deadlines. Works with planning editor, content coach, reporters and photographers to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity. Collaborates with engagement editors to maximize social media presence. Copy edits some content before publishing to digital platforms or handing off to a design studio.
We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning.
- Manages the home page, story pages and high-traffic landing pages. Directs the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and push alerts, adding meta-data information, hyperlinks, images, info boxes, and additional digital content. Writes digital headlines and summaries, taking into account SEO and key word elements.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for print and digital publication. Assembles, formats, prioritizes and ensures quality control on all printed content before it is handed off to the design studio.
- Edits content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Works with content strategist and audience analyst to evaluate what’s working and what’s not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Uses metrics to monitor real-time data determine traffic patterns and direct changes tied to the data.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, business, marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of experience writing SEO headlines.
- Experience with storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Understands and uses AP Style, HTML and Photoshop
- Understands and uses SEO and SEM
- Must be fluent in all standard MS Office applications, such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Strong digital production skills and decision-making.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret audience data.
- Ability to edit top-notch watchdog journalism.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Industry knowledge.
- Exceptional core journalism skills (reporting, producing and editing).
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knows how to use time effectively in a 24-hour news environment.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top