We’re looking for an experienced and passionate front-end developer to develop innovative advertising experiences for 110+ national and local digital properties, including USATODAY.com. You’ll work closely with a cross-platform team of developers, designers, and project managers to build high impact ad executions and custom pages across desktop, mobile web and native iOS/Android app platforms.
We are interested in hiring Associate to Senior level, based on your work experience, dev portfolio, and enthusiasm!
What you’ll do:
- Create for desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android apps, including 360 video, custom interactives, and VR!
- Work on our Ad Solutions team: a cross-functional sales-support team comprised of developers, designers, and project managers.
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously (we use Trello & JIRA).
- Meet deadlines and commitments.
- Troubleshoot when things don’t work (creative problem-solving a must).
- Keep Project Managers up-to-date on your progress and allow them to manage your workload.
- Take a PSD, mock, or concept and turn it into a working experience with animation, feeds, video, you name it!
- Push code! Our sprints are short and your work will be live on our platforms in weeks – or sometimes days.
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3, css transforms/animations and responsive design.
- Evident familiarity with APIs and JSON.
- Working knowledge of design tools, specifically Photoshop (Illustrator, Premiere are a plus).
- You meet deadlines, prioritize work, and communicate both progress and roadblocks.
- You’re a self-starter who is resourceful and comfortable with minimal supervision.
- You thrive in a team environment.
- You’re flexible and are open to feedback and last minute requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred) or relevant work experience.
- 1 – 4 years as a front end developer (job title will be based on professional history and experience).
- Creative agency, media agency, or advertising background, or equivalent experience building landing pages.
- Working knowledge of ad serving/ad tracking technology (DFP/DFA preferred).
- Google Publisher Tag experience.
- Familiarity with programs such as Dropbox, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Git, Bootstrap, Trello, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Passionate about advertising and innovation!
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top