Credit & Collections Manager
Are you ready to turn your engaging personality and your boundless motivation into a rewarding career with a rapidly growing media company? Join our Gannett team! The Credit and Collections Center is seeking an innovative, motivated and creative Collections Supervisor. The Supervisor will lead a team of Collections Specialists that works with our customers via phone (primarily inbound and some outbound) in reference to their billing and services provided by our company. As the potential first point of contact with external customers, it is essential that this individual displays a courteous and professional demeanor while delivering exceptional customer service. In addition to collections, this position serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving concerns or issues. We are an energetic and fast-paced service team, proud to be part of Gannett, Inc., a marketing solutions company that reaches millions of people every day through our digital, mobile, broadcast and print media. At Gannett, we value imagination, initiative and a collaborative spirit. We are performance driven too, working to make a difference every day in our many different communities. If you’re looking for a rewarding career, this is the place to be!
- Provides daily coaching, training and mentoring to team members to get expected results and high performance.
- Identifies and qualifies customers to assist with billing and/or service concerns and collections.
- Provides exceptional customer service and provides solutions with a courteous attitude and a pleasant demeanor.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information. Accepts payments and applies them accurately.
- Attracts and retains potential customers by answering product and service questions.
- Acts as back up to the Collections Specialists and other Supervisors.
- Handles incoming facsimiles/emails and processes as needed.
- Contributes to the overall success of the team and assist with additional duties/assignments when necessary.
- Uses applicable tools and applications to provide optimum results.
- Creates and maintains reports using the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Participates in training sessions as required.
- Seeks out mentoring and coaching opportunities when needed and adapts to change.
- Adheres to and upholds all departmental and company policies and procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Previous collections experience desired.
- Previous experience or proven ability to effectively lead a team.
- Ability to effectively articulate product value propositions to customers.
- Proficient in phone sales including up-selling and appointment setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Self-directed and independent but works as a team player.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Strong work ethic and integrity, high energy and positive attitude.
- Dependable and goal oriented.
- Ability to drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
- Pursuit of continuous improvement enhancements and increase personal knowledge and skills that will assist in job performance.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- High School Diploma, GED equivalent.
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales. We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and employee discounts. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! Interested candidates may send a cover letter, resume, references, and other informatiion and apply online athttp://gannett.com/careers.
We are a drug free, Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top