USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, and constantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in the tech-space. And with over 110 local properties, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact. Explore the possibilities as a Creative Director.
Gannett is looking for a Creative Director who has a passion for news, a vision for design that spans multiple platforms and the ability to build a strong creative team.
As Creative Director, you will be responsible for the overall visual direction of digital properties, including USA TODAY and 100+ local brands, seen 100 million users a month across multiple platforms.
This role will work closely and collaborate with the UX Director, and reports directly to the VP of UX
- Building and leading the design team for Gannett’s digital properties, and helping to drive the design strategy of Gannett’s next generation publishing platform
- Establish and execute on a high-level design strategy across multiple platforms.
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems, with the ability to communicate design solutions to stakeholders.
- Innovate on design solutions, combing the big picture with a love of detail.
- Develop an ongoing connection and buy in with the relevant cross functional stakeholders.
- Work with branding and marketing to develop and communicate a consistent, clear brand voice and supporting visual vocabulary
- Provide guidance and mentorship to your direct reports.
- Last, but never least, serve as an advocate for the user, keeping their needs at the heart of our digital products
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- 10+ years of design experience, 5-7+ years in a leadership role, preferably within a news, publishing or agency setting.
- Hands on expertise with brand management.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Thorough understanding of user research methods, and able to lead qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based design, as well as strong knowledge of information architecture.
- Have deep experience in the development of digital experiences across multiple devices / platforms, designing and using a modular framework.
- Strong people leadership skills including demonstrated success developing others as well as a track record of getting results in partnership with others.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top