Contact Center Representative
CONTACT CENTER – CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Gannett – Tyson’s Corner, VA
This position serves as a point-of-contact for internal and external customers seeking multiple-platform communication resolution with Gannett Headquarters. The specialist provides information and direction by interpreting and troubleshooting customer requests. By maintaining a cross-departmental network of information along with strong problem-solving skills, the specialist is able to provide timely and accurate assessments and resolution to all inquiries through a multitude of communication networks.
- Processes ACD inbound communication via telephone, internet, email and instant messaging in a professional and accurate manner to include direct communication with internal employees and departments along with resolution follow up as needed
- Maintains the internal directory of employee and department contact information
- Maintains and updates the Contact Center SharePoint site to ensure accurate information from where troubleshooting information is accessed and housed
- Assists Business Continuity Committee with communication during emergency and inclement weather situations
- High school graduate
- Some college or tech coursework preferred
- 2+ years of customer service experience at a mid-size, high-volume ACD call or contact center
- ACD phone system
- Some SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi task and troubleshoot
- Self-starter who will look to enhance the customer’s experience by resolving issues in a correct and timely manner
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top