Consumer Brand Manager
Brand Manager, Consumer Marketing
Naples/Ft. Myers Florida
The Brand Manager is responsible for leading B2C marketing strategy for a large metro market or region, including consumer audience development, B2C branding and message development, B2C marketing, public relations, event marketing, local trades/sponsorships, and execution of related partnership programs. This role collaborates with other local marketing colleagues, the newsroom, Publishers, B2B marketing, other regional/corporate marketing teams, and other internal partners to ensure that project deadlines and consumer marketing business targets are met. The Brand Manager is expected to execute a variety of projects with minimal direction and support others on more complex projects. Develops and executes plans to promote our products among target audiences to drive awareness and improve perceptions of our local brands and encourage deeper engagement. Works closely with local Consumer Marketing & Sales and editorial teams to leverage content and product benefits for campaigns and positioning that are sequenced with direct response consumer sales acquisition and retention programs.
This position is based in Ft. Myers, Florida and reports into the Director Consumer Marketing.
- Execute local B2C marketing campaigns and events.
- Develops and executes local B2C brand positioning, messaging, creative development, media planning/buying, event planning, and channel management focused on improving brand awareness/perceptions and maximizing consumer membership acquisition and retention. Manages local B2C marketing budget.
- Works with market analyst to fully leverage research and insights in content development, B2C promotions.
- Works with Graphic Designer and/or leverage central Consumer Marketing resources to develop and execute marketing campaigns and events.
- Manage trade and sponsorship relationships with external community partners.
- Work in partnership across departments to ensure the organization’s brand message is consistently distributed across multiple channels in order to meet consumer revenue volume goals and brand perception objectives.
- Coordinate the local production and implementation of creative development, media planning/buying, advertising, marketing promotions, event marketing, social media and public relations.
- Work closely with local Publisher, build productive relationships with external community partners.
- Determine marketing business metrics, conduct campaign/promotion analysis, and communicate marketing results and effectiveness to senior management.
- Assist in developing annual strategic and operational consumer brand marketing plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar field.
- 3-4 years in related brand marketing or communication field.
- Expertise in consumer focused marketing and/or strategic brand management.
- Microsoft Office experience (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with all divisions/departments.
- Excellent project manager and impeccable communication and presentation skills.
- Self-directed, strong project management and prioritization capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of research principles/techniques and consumer insight application.
- Experience with digital and social media platforms strongly preferred.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top