Client Strategy Manager
The Client Strategy Manager (Marketing) is responsible for the development of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, digital and mobile solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified clients; taking the gathered information in combination with audience based selling principles and applying it to recommendations for such clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing local advertising revenue and drive measurable results. Work together with advertising sales key account executives to provide thought leadership and build integrated marketing client solutions proposals to achieve annual category segment and incremental revenue targets. Together with key account executives and insights team, manage pipeline development performing necessary research, needs analysis within specific industries, and compiling core customer information for specified key account segments.
- Work in tandem with key account executives, digital specialists, insights analysts, and account managers to build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and proactively building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local market.
- Collaborate with advertising sales and marketing teams to understand client business needs to include client meetings to identify advertiser’s needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations, and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of local market and Gannett suite of products, especially digital, mobile and DMS solutions. Fully understand audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data to discover innovative opportunites for creative execution and overall strategy. Prepare and lead client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed.
- Work closely with Insights & Analytics team to utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data.
- Build PowerPoint presentations and present information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients.
- Highly proficient in digital media, mobile, & digital marketing solutions and how advertisers can utilize digital marketing to drive results for their businesses.
- Develop and grow relationships with key assigned advertising clients.
- Produce creative briefs or case studies and work with creative teams on message development.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- 2 years recent experience in Digital Marketing
- 5 years’ experience in Strategic marketing, Media planning, Market research, Integrated marketing communications
- Currently in a Digital Marketing Position
- Strategic capabilities, technical marketing, digital marketing, media planning & research skills, interpersonal collaboration skills, and solid sales management understanding.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Considered thought-leader in digital/social media marketing and stays current on digital marketing trends.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop effective marketing presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Office 365 sharepoint, superior PowerPoint (or similar) presentation skills.
- Must be organized and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic Marketing Professional with superior relationship management skills, strong project management, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Previous advertising agency experience preferred.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top