Client Strategy Manager
The Des Moines Register, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Client Strategy Manager to be responsible for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market, specific industry and core customer information for specified clients; taking the gathered information in combination with audience based selling principles and applying it to recommendations for such clients in the form of data, ad design, creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results. Work together with advertising sales key account executives to build integrated marketing client solutions proposals to achieve annual segment and incremental revenue targets. Together with key account executives manage pipeline development performing necessary research, needs analysis within specific industries and compiling core customer information for specified key account segments.
In this role, you will:
- Work in tandem with key account executives building a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local market.
- Collaborate with advertising sales and marketing teams to understand client business needs to include client meetings to identify advertiser’s needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of local market and Gannett suite of products.
- Fully understand audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data for creative execution and overall strategy.
- Prepare and lead client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed.
- Develop sales development training programs as well as research-based data to advertising sales team.
- Work closely with Insights & Analytics team to utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data
- Build presentations and present information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients
- Possess a solid understanding of digital media and how advertisers can utilize it to drive results for their businesses
- Develop and grow relationships with key assigned advertising clients
- Produce creative briefs and work with creative teams on message development
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic marketing, media planning, market research, sales management.
- Strategic capabilities, technical marketing, media planning & research skills, interpersonal collaboration skills, and solid sales management understanding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop effective marketing presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, superior PowerPoint (or similar) presentation skills.
- Must be organized and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic Marketing Professional with superior relationship management skills, strong project management, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Previous advertising agency experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Windows, Word Excel and Outlook.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top