Client Services Manager
The Manager of Client Services is focused on supporting both the USA Today National Sales team and Sports Media Group from an operations perspective. Primary responsibilities involve ongoing collaboration with internal teams on various projects; process development and training; serving as key stakeholder for sales in system/process decision-making; managing Account Management direct reports; serving as backup for team members (including team management).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Staffing, training & management of Account Managers and Sales Coordinators for USA Today and USA Today Sports Media Group
- Must oversee and enforce all sales policies via media plan reviews, participation in high level programs, collaboration with project teams, etc.
- Participation in digital sales’ rate discount review and pricing approval process, working with Pricing and Planning team
- Collaborate with Ad Solutions and Sports Ad production teams to develop process and best practices on creative build-outs, working with Account Management team on project management of these processes
- Project participation as key stakeholder for sales/account management groups – evaluation, selection, requirements gathering, configuration, migration, training and implementation
- Collaboration with AdOps and Inventory teams on efficiencies as they relate to order entry and inventory management and reservation
- Assistance in Salesforce administration with regard to process enforcement, requirements and enhancements
- Involvement in sales process and policy – create/update, train, implement, enforce
- Ad hoc decision-making/approval for sales process exceptions
- Ad hoc support for reporting or presentation needs for upper Sales management
- Serve as backup for Client Services team members, as well as team management, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Experience working with research, sales and operations to execute solutions
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of online media (preferable to have direct experience in AM role)
- Confidence in decision-making abilities and approach
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
- Must be able to constantly prioritize workload with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
- Must be a team player and key strategist
- College education
- 5 years working experience in digital advertising
- 5 years previous work experience in the media/publishing industry
- 5 years previous work experience working with sales personnel
- Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint), CRM, Order Management/Workflow system
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY NETWORK, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top