Client Relationship Manager
The Des Moines Register, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Client Services Manager to be responsible for building and leading a high-performance account management team dedicated to building relationships with existing clients, executing comprehensive media solutions to large, high-potential advertisers. This position has moderate to high revenue responsibility through the identification of upsell opportunities and reduction of churn by consistently exceeding client expectations and driving results.
As the Client Services Manager you will be responsible for communicating with the Client Services Department the vision to the team, reinforce primary objectives and communicate roles and responsibilities and follow through. You’ll also have accountability for reinforcing team KPIs and success metrics and monitor on a regular basis, document and report back to Client Services & Digital Strategy Director. You will work to continuously develop the skills and knowledge of the team and promote independent learning. Provide industry tools and resources for the team beyond Gannett based training. On an ongoing basis, you will reinforce the value of the team to sales managers, reps and larger organization.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations; maintaining high awareness and understanding of the business unit’s revenue responsibilities and is always aware of performance to goal (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Maintain a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition and each staff member’s performance to all goal and targets.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers, Marketing Strategist and other internal stakeholders with the purpose of driving operational excellence and delivering client ROI and satisfaction.
- Manage staff to build their sales pipelines and communicates that information to senior management; staying current on potential “closes/wins.”
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all sales executives accounts, prospects and each prospect’s potential. Negotiates to set realistic goals for staff.
- Collaborate with Key Sales Manager to develop a clear, formal, written plan to attack key account segment.
- Provide the appropriate mix of direction and strategy to sales staff based on the type of account and specific experience of the sales executive while collaborating with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. ensuring new ideas are developed and executed.
- Coach sales staff to successfully execute campaigns, champion excellent creative, identify upsell opportunities and impactful client performance reports.
- Demonstrate deep, broad understanding of the market including customers, prospects, trends and competitors.
- Clearly articulate the company mission and garner commitment among the team for the organization’s values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with the team that are inspirational, motivational and practical in moving the business forward.
Collaboration and Change Management…
- Drive initiatives for positive, constructive change and look for opportunities to encourage others to become an agent for change.
- Gain trust and consensus of teammates and works with sales team and other internal departments on strategy and execution of results oriented advertising plans garnering support for new ideas.
- Drive, embrace and quickly adapt to change that affects the business unit and coaches sales staff to successfully accomplish that change.
- Dedicate time to coach and develop staff through 1:1 conversations, coaching conversations, team meetings, training and mentoring.
- Help each employee to identify an appropriate career path including guidance on options, identification of next steps and recommendations on how the employee can move to the next level.
- Consistently seek out and interview candidates on an ongoing basis to maintain a pipeline of potential hires working together with Human Resources and senior management to hire qualified candidates.
- Maintain active networks through organizations like the local advertising federation, Chamber of Commerce, IMA, etc., and uses recruitment media to maximize recruitment reach.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable combination of educations and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales Management, media management or marketing
- Proven record of successfully leading a foal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Demonstrated ability to build client services team that exceeds customer expectations and adds value
- Ability to build and manage a B2B client services organization.
- Proven record of maintaining a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospect and key trends)
- Understanding of competitive media in the market
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, negotiations and influencing skills
- Proven record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Strong problem solving, marketing acumen, creativity and decision making skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About The Des Moines Register:
Register Media, a Gannett Co., Inc., and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is Iowa’s prominent media company, reaching readers across the state with our daily Des Moines Register editions, our award-winning DesMoinesRegister.com website and various non-daily publications. We are part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top