City and Country - Distribution Assistant I
The DA, under the direction of both the District Sales Manager and the Distribution Specialist, is responsible for the distribution of all publications produced or delivered by Journal Sentinel, Inc.
Job duties includes but are not limited to:
- delivering open routes and training new carriers (while using own vehicle)
- staging commercial delivery products
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel sections, and advertising packages into the appropriate zones.
- maintain the cleanliness in and around the building as well as securing all returned and extra newspapers.
This individual may be called upon to complete various assignments as directed by either the District Sales Manager or the Distribution Specialist.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to read, count, and write accurately in order to complete all administrative functions
- Must have the ability to follow directions and work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- stable work history
- valid WI driver’s license and an insured, reliable vehicle
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Previous experience working in a Distribution Center, factory/warehouse environment, and customer service is desired.
Ability to interpret and comprehend instructions following prescribed organizations safety rules. Ability to life bundles of newspapers weighing 20-30 pounds, regularly pushing and pulling 4-wheel carts of newspapers across the warehouse. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates. Deliver newspapers, which may include entering and exiting vehicle repeatedly, walking for extended periods of time under adverse conditions. Assemble newspapers, which may include standing for an extended period of time.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top