Channel and Content Accelerator
Republic Media, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Channel and Content Accelerator who is a social butterfly and a fiend for all things social media. This role is a part-time temporary (no benefits) position that is expected to last 6-8 months with the potential to become a permanent full time position.
We are hoping that:
You know a good story when you see one, and when you do, you can’t wait to share it
You are a team player with excellent communication skills, quick to respond and receptive to feedback.
You have a go-getter entrepreneurial spirit, and enough initiative, drive and energy to power a small island nation.
You have deep thoughts about Snapchat.
You are, in a word, awesome. And we need you.
We are I Am Sport, an innovative new initiative launched by Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the country, and based at The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com in Phoenix.
We are a video- and social media-driven project dedicated to finding incredible and relatable young athletes and telling their stories of commitment, sacrifice, defeat and triumph to young audiences.
I Am Sport seeks a part-time channel manager for a temporary six- to eight-month position, with the potential to stay on in a permanent position.
We think I Am Sport is super exciting and has the potential to become a Big Deal. But we need your talent and brilliance to turn that potential into a reality.
You don’t need to be a jock, but basic sports literacy and an appreciation of the effort that goes into being an athlete is a must. Bonus points if you own a variety of sports t-shirts.
In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain editorial calendar.
- Liaison with 20 or more properties for video content.
- Manage advertising and promotion budgets, purchasing and placing media spend and developing relationships with social media influencers.
- Analyze metrics for our primary social media accounts, and analyze for effectiveness to best distribute promotional dollars.
- Advise on what videos are most popular and how to replicate that success.
- Manage public relations outreach. Write and distribute press releases about videos to appropriate national media and sports organizations. Develop relationships with content aggregators to reach widest possible audience.
- Manage and grow branded social media accounts, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Other duties as assigned
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English, or a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Experience managing accounts on social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat, and an eagerness to master them.
- Excellent communication skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy. Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent project management, coordination, organizational, communication, and follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience handling multiple projects and performing a wide variety of tasks under deadline pressures.
- Should be able to respond quickly to changing priorities.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top