The Billing Coordinator will provide courteous and efficient billing service while working in harmony as a team player with fellow employees when assisting our internal and external clients with digital and print campaigns. He/She will provide a high level of quality work performing accurate and timely processing with regard to billing system and billing records procedures. This employee is encouraged to use initiative and judgment in making decisions. This role will provide the opportunity for personal growth for a motivated and well-organized person with excellent communication skills and who can work under deadline pressure with speed and accuracy. The role is based in Tysons Corner, VA.
- Produces accurate invoices in a timely manner and prepare them for mailing; verifying any changes to support accurate and efficient billing process and financial close
- Ensure daily balancing of billing/linage for USAT brands
- Communicate with sales regarding questionable rating, discounts and/or incorrectly completed insertion orders; attain approval support for pricing outside of discount tolerances
- Audit campaigns to ensure proper customer billing. Resolve discrepancies working with outside agencies, customers, Ad operations staff and third party billing contractors
- Work closely with Gannett Credit and Collection Center to verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing and payment application inquires
- Work closely with sales teams of USAT, USAT.COM, Gannett Digital, Business Development, and other brands to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to and provide support as needed
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Post adjustments according to contracts, policies and procedures and provide revised invoices
- Pull 3rd party reporting for digital campaigns to use for accruals and/or invoicing
- Generate financial statements and/or reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Participates in various month end closing processes
- Validate all ads served (print/digital) are invoiced or accounted as outlined for SOX compliance
- Provide problem solving support to Sales staff on accounting and internal control issues
- Assist in documenting and implementing accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP, the F/ARM and Sox
- Updates billing systems with new product/billing opportunities
- Create AR and other codes to record revenue correctly
- Execute system tests prior to installing changes/updates; assist with training on new functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (business-related degree can be supplemented with relevant work experience).
- Account receivables/billing operations experience in media, internet industry, and/or newspaper a plus.
- Familiarity with new technologies in the area of billing and receivables helpful.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable management and billing processes
- Strong project management/organization skills with proven ability to successfully implement projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire, ability, and curiosity to investigate and recommend improvements to processes/procedures
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
Gannett Co., Inc. is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of mobile and publishing properties.
Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam, more than 150 local news brands online in the U.K., and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company, we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.
Each month more than 100 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY and Gannett’s local media organizations, putting the company squarely in the Top 10 U.S. news and information category. U.S. local newspapers add an additional audience of 6 million readers every weekday, and USA TODAY adds 2.4 million daily.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top