B2B Marketing Manager
The USA TODAY Network, a leading provider of media and marketing solutions, seeks a B2B Marketing Manager responsible for leading the business-to-business marketing strategy for the market or region by developing and executing integrated marketing plans aimed at gaining and retaining customers to increase share of local advertising and marketing spending.
Responsibilities include B2B branding and message development, B2B direct marketing, marketing lead automation, event marketing, and execution of related partnership programs. This role collaborates with B2B marketing colleagues, the sales team, regional/corporate B2B marketing teams, and other internal partners to ensure that project deadlines and advertising sales revenue targets are met. The B2B Marketing Manager is expected to execute a variety of projects with minimal direction and support others on more complex projects.
In this role, you will:
- Lead overall B2B marketing and business development strategy working closely with the Client Strategy Director and Sales Management team.
- Develop and executes B2B branding positioning, messaging and channel management focused on lead generation and customer retention, including DMS/social media activities (B2B websites, thought-leader content, customer testimonials/case studies, PPC, SEO, social sites, etc).
- Oversee development and execution of B2B sales materials, marketing tactic execution, B2B public relations, B2B events, and B2B corporate trade/sponsorship relationships. Manages B2B marketing budget.
- Collaborate with sales team, creative team, and company’s Insights & Research teams to develop and maintain robust lead generation pipelines and nurture leads.
- Work with designers and leverage group resources to develop all sales content, collateral and campaigns
- Work with company’s Insights & Research teams to fully leverage research and insights in B2B promotion and sales collateral.
- Determine B2B marketing business metrics, conduct campaign/promotion analysis, and communicate marketing results and effectiveness to senior management.
- Assist in developing annual strategic and operational marketing plans.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or a similar degree. Note: A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in related B2B marketing or communications field working directly with sales teams, Agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills.
- Demonstrated strategic capabilities, strong analytical acumen and the ability to think conceptually.
- Adept at project management including ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, manage multiple projects, developing clear and attainable timelines, ability to effectively identify and resolve process related issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with all divisions/departments.
- Sound understanding of brand marketing, research principles/techniques and customer insight application.
- Experience with digital and social media platforms preferred.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 102 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top