Automotive Sales Manager
The Times Media Group, a USA Today Network Co., is seeking an innovative and experienced Automotive Sales Manager who will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to large, high-potential advertisers. The Automotive Sales Manager must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company’s brand. You will also be a part of an elite team of Auto leaders across USA Today Network working to develop company-wide strategies and maximize the use of data against this segment for strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of managing a segment and showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle is a must. Looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that your team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals.
- Spend time with AE’s visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships.
- Develop a strong sales plan with team and hold staff accountable for achieving their plans.
- Provide appropriate direction and strategy to sales team.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and competition, including customers, prospects and trends.
- Consistently reevaluate client opportunities and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc.
- Drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors.
- Provide sales staff with appropriate coaching, training and monitor performance to address gaps and weaknesses,
- Identify and remove obstacles for top performance and advocate on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Communicate the vision, standards, strategy, and goals to your team.
- Hold weekly sales meetings that educate and motivate.
- Communicate World Class Sales vision and drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable combination of education/experience and/or training.
- Minimum of three to five years’ related experience including sales management.
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing. Product knowledge must include targeted display, social, SEO & SEM.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management using and analyzing data.
- Automotive sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market.
- Outstanding relationship skills with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent presentation skills; advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top