Associate Sales Manager, Jackson
Are you a highly focused sales leader looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your results? Do you want to work in the fast-growing, exciting, and ever-changing small to medium market, helping customers strategize across multiple media platforms? The Clarion-Ledger Media group part of the USA TODAY Network, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Associate Sales Manager. We are a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever. The Associate Sales Manager is responsible for building and leading a high-performance territory sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. Has moderate- to high-revenue responsibility. Provides up-sells opportunities and lead generation functions within the assigned Account Executive team. Provides online ad solutions to large and medium businesses and administers/optimizes campaigns.
In This Role, You Will:
- Ensures that the business unit consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition, and each staff member’s performance to all goal and targets. Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff.
- Maintains a full staff of highly-skilled, high performing sales executives.
- Spends significant time with Account Executives visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships. Uses these opportunities to coach staff. Demonstrates deep understanding of the marketplace, customers’ business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital offerings. Articulates product offerings and their value to customers.
- Manages staff to consistently maintain a forward, robust pipeline. Stays current on potential wins.
- Develops a strong sales plan with team and holds staff accountable for achieving their plans. Has a clear, formal, written plan to attack the territory client segment. Assist the territory sales team in developing comprehensive, individual account plans that achieve a high level of individual account penetration; incorporates individual sales Account Executive feedback, strategies and contingencies. Creates and executes on plan to grow total and digital market share based on potential.
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Ensures that Account Executives consistently present products/services appropriate to client needs and constantly monitor the “health” of the relationship between the client and Account Executive.
Here’s What You Need
- Bachelors Degree
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospects and key trends). An understanding of competitive media in the market.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills. Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Here’s What We Have To Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top