Associate Analyst I
The USA TODAY Network, part of the Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI), is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. We are headquartered in McLean, VA and have unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 107 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever. Explore the possibilities as an Associate Analyst I within our Customer Service & Support Team.
Associate Analyst I – Help Desk – Evansville, IN
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the nation’s largest media companies for an Information Technology Professional, based out of our Appleton location. This entry-level position is an Associate Analyst I within the Help Desk team, providing first-level remote support to Gannett’s user community. Associate Analysts resolve software and hardware problems for our technology users while at the same time, making those internal customers comfortable and confident with their technology and the I.T department. Associate Analysts are the first point of contact for any requests of the I.T Department. This position may be first or second shift and may include weekends and holidays.
Detailed Job Description:
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problem via phone or electronically and advise users on appropriate actions to take.
- Follow standard help desk procedures and log all help desk interactions using the approved ticketing system. Use priority tags, due dates and ensure all aspects of tickets are well documented including a well-summarized short description and accurate categorization.
- Resolve user-reported problems using available tools while following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Ensure incidents are logged quickly, are accurately documented and ready for advanced troubleshooting before escalating to other teams.
- Identify and escalate urgent tickets and redirect them to the appropriate resources.
- Present clear, descriptive and grammatically appropriate written and oral communication with customers, peers and management.
- Comfortable in both Windows & Macintosh environments
- Exceptional customer service, communication and analytical skills
- Above average technical skills
- Passion for helping customers with technical questions and issues
- 1+ years of working experience with supporting technology is preferred, but not necessary
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top