Assistant Print Manager(Nights)/GIADC-Des Moines, IA
Assistant Print Manager/Nights
Gannett Publishing Services
Des Moines, IA
Responsible for oversight of daily print operations to ensure teams are performing at expected levels ensuring quality and customer service standards are at the highest level. This position will work closely with the Print Manager to ensure an efficient operation and promoting a continuous improvement program.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for oversight of daily operations to ensure efficiency of daily print operation including productivity and financial objectives
- Responsible for day to day management of Coaches including performance, employee relations, employee development and ensuring that company policies/practices are adhered to.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to identify opportunities for coaching and training to cultivate a continuous improvement culture adhering to accuracy and quality standards.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience Manager and serve as the liaison between departments to promote, guide and implement ideas and solutions to ensure that customer standards are achieved
- Bachelors’ degree in design or related field and/or comparable experience.
- Minimum three years experience in a leadership role where coaching and/or mentoring employees to ensure continuous staff development required.
- Proven experience managing a group of employees providing exemplary customer service and the ability to resolve potentially complex employee and customer situations required.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of concentration towards customers (internal and external) required.
- Time management and organizational skills required and the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment required.
- Proficient in office suite skills; InDesign, and working knowledge of industry specific software required.
- Experience in applying innovative and creative thinking as well as in a continuous Improvement environment a plus.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and background checks.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top