Assistant District Manager- Home Delivery
Gannett Publishing Services (GPS) has a part-time Assistant District Manager- Home Delivery position available in The Community Press newspaper.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our circulation department in this part-time position. The Assistant District Manager- Home Delivery oversees the Junior and Motor route delivery force in Forest Park, Springfield TWP, Finney Town, North college Hill and Mt Healthy. As a member of the distribution team, you will work with adult independent contractors as well as junior independent contractors and their parents, to meet deadlines. In addition to meeting collection goals, resolving complaints, and maintaining accurate records, this position also recruits, orients and develops carriers as independent contractors. This position is approximately 20 hours per week. Benefits include mileage reimbursement and a bonus structure.
- Two years relevant work experience, some supervisory and previous distribution experience preferred. Previous experience working with contractors is a plus.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong-problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient clerical, math and calculator skills.
- Ability to recruit and hire carriers and drivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, a decent driving record and a reliable vehicle to perform these duties.
“Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.”
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top