The Advertorial Writer serves advertisers and readers by delivering enterprising, insightful content with speed, accuracy, fairness and creativity. Broad and deep knowledge of community, business and regional issues are essential, as is comfort working with multiple platforms and an ideologically diverse Editorial Board.
- Strive for sharply focused, well-organized advertorial content that is complete, clear, concise, balanced, logical and easy to read.
- Produce informative, well-sourced advertorial content that provides insight to the reader for topics that are featured.
- Generate new ways of delivering content. Promote content across social media.
- Plan for and anticipate the flow of advertorial content. Generate a steady stream of ideas for section features and profiles.
- Develop broad knowledge and extensive sources in specific coverage areas. Communicate with businesses as an ambassador for NJMG in communities of all types.
- Be devoted to accuracy. Fact-check names, dates, places, titles, etc.
- Maintain open and honest lines of communication with sales colleagues and editors.
- Other duties as assigned. Accountabilities: Serves as liaison to local businesses and advertisers identified by the sales department. Is an ambassador to North Jersey’s diverse communities, building connections and gaining insights.
- Bachelor’s in communications, journalism or equivalent in experience in education, or college degree in related field.
- Two years previous experience writing advertorial content state and community issues.
- Extensive experience in promoting work through social media channels.
- Well versed in spelling, grammar and AP style.
- Exceptional core journalism skills (news judgment, producing, editing).
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knows how to use time effectively in an always-on workday.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
- Familiar with digital publishing tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Should be in the community at least 20% of the time.
- Could occasionally include weekend, evening, early-morning or holiday shifts.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top