Advertising Services - Account Executive I
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be the candidate we are looking for:
Are you a hunter, always searching for new prospects?
Are you a world class presenter who is engaging, poised and professional?
Do you have a proven history of achieving or exceeding your sales goals?
Do you have high energy and are able to juggle an amazing number of projects?
Are you a persistent seller who doesn’t take no for an answer?
Are you a quick learner who is keen in understanding the customer’s business?
We are searching for strategic sellers to join our multi-platform, market leading team that focuses on creating our clients’ prosperity. Our culture thrives on creating and executing big ideas that provide solutions for our clients.
The primary responsibility of our sales professionals is to grow market share within the territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within the existing client base.
We have found our successful sales professions possess a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
Successful candidates will:
- Develop a high level of competency of the company’s competitive advertising environment.
- Take a strategic view of the client’s business and what solutions we can offer.
- Recommend creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line.
- Develop creative, custom and effective solutions for our clients.
- Lead strategic advertising projects by developing and retaining new, local and direct business for the local operating unit.
- 2+ years business-to-business sales experience; previous digital media sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to deliver presentations is crucial to success in the job, so proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills; with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients.
- Time-management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Here’s what we have to offer:
Jackson Sun Media offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top