Advertising/ Digital Media Sales Manager
GannettNJ, a part of USA TODAY NETWORK, is the leading source of local news and information in Central New Jersey. GannettNJ and Mycentraljersey.com is committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals
We have an exciting opening for a dynamic Sales Manager supporting the Courier News, Home News Tribune and the Daily Record. This role is responsible for building and leading a high-performance territory sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The right person will have moderate- to high-revenue responsibility.
- Ensures that the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the business unit’s revenue responsibilities and is aware of the performance to goal
- Provides direction and strategy to sales staff and works closely with staff members during customer visits in the field, providing coaching and assisting in enhancing account relationships. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Consistently provides timely and relevant feedback to sales team and provides coaching to staff to successfully execute the 5-step Sales process.
- Evaluates client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintains a strong understanding of market competitors. Develops strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicates and actively encourages a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Advocates on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the education listed).
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales management experience required along with a track record of leading in a goal-oriented newspaper and/or media advertising sales industry
- A strong understanding of digital media platforms to include search engine marketing, direct marketing, social media, website design, online display, mobile and other digital solutions with an expert knowledge of print.
- Proven ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization. Exceptional coaching skills are required.
- The aptitude to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market as well as an understanding of competitive media in the market.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Highly developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in the use of modern computer technology and software programs.
What would be a plus?
- Previous experience with Salesforce preferred
Here’s what we have to offer:
GannettNJ/Mycentraljersey.com offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven organization. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
As a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY NETWORK, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top