The News Star, part of the USA TODAY Network, has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. We are a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
The Administrative Assistant will maintain, organize and coordinate office events, office supplies, building needs and administrative functions of the leadership team. This position will be responsible for developing and editing documents, as well as designing and assembling complex presentations. This position also requires project management and collaboration. The successful candidate should possess critical thinking skills and the confidence to solve problems independently.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as liaison between contractors, customers and the leadership team
- Identifying building needs and coordinating the resolutions
- Coordinate office events including all employee meetings and developing the PowerPoint presentations for those event
- Handle project management for various special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, making adjustments to plans and follow-up.
- Identifying office needs such as supply stock, purchasing, deliveries and other necessities
- Make responsible decisions and perform many functions independently, and be able to deal with highly sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Cashier duties – process payments, daily balances and prepare weekly deposits. • Provide initial processing of vendors invoices
Here’s what you need:
- Must have exceptionally high standards and self-confidence with a desire to do great work while functioning in a multitasking, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be a news and information consumer, and up-to-date on local and national issues.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally with a minimum of 5 years administrative assistant experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strategic and critical thinker comfortable with making recommendations and the ability to solve problems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; strong proofreading and editing skills are required
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top