Ad Sales Marketing Manager
The role of Manager supports the Client Solutions team within USA TODAY and the greater USA TODAY NETWORK. S/he will be based in Chicago. The focus of the role is on the development of best-in-class multi-platform advertiser solutions that strategically support key advertiser objectives by leveraging the content equity and advertiser solutions of USA TODAY and Gannett. We are looking for someone who has experience working with sales, a strong digital curiosity, relevant history working with major brands, preferably in the categories (Retail, Auto, Finance, & Tech) and a deep knowledge of emerging digital technology, social media, innovative ad platforms, competitive sites and mobile applications.
In this role, you will
- Demonstrate knowledge of the key advertising industries (Retail, Auto, Finance, & Tech), with a deep understanding of how media platforms (Digital, Social, Print, On-The-Ground) work together to support one strategic concept.
- Develop proactive packages for key advertising categories, such as Retail.
- Conceptualize digital and convergent marketing opportunities in response to RFPs and to proactively take to market.
- Own process from brainstorm/ideation through program approvals, to overall pitch writing and presentation. Collaborate with all Client Solutions team members, Sales, Research, Editorial, Design, Ad Solutions, et al to develop new or customize existing opportunities based on meetings and/or RFPs.
- Lead creative ideation, brainstorming and strategy sessions with internal and external clients. Lead the definition and development of big ideas for creatively driven sales presentations and pitches. Unconventional strategic thinking that drives revenue is encouraged.
- Occasionally attend client/agency meetings with sales executives to help convey proposed solutions and general capabilities, as well as to ask questions and gather feedback.
Here’s what you need:
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university (Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, and/or English majors preferred)
- 4-6 years directly related digital media and Integrated Media Sales Marketing experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the media industry, entertainment landscape, integrated marketing & solutions, digital, print, and social media.
- Ability to confidently deliver compelling presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of developing cross-platform opportunities that drive revenue
- Must also have a respect for content and the creative/editorial process.
- Must be team-oriented, collaborative and have the ability to drive an agenda forward while also balancing needs of multiple conflicting stakeholders.
- Exhibits core behaviors e.g., interpersonal relationship skills, communication, strategic thinking, problem-solving, strong work ethic & full-scale organization (over-arching to tactical).
- Ability to effectively manage their time in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Agility and ability to flex work style and prioritize projects.
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com/careers
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top