Accounts Receivable - Advertising
The Accounting Specialist (Advertising) is responsible for completing timely, efficiently, and accurately general finance tasks related to the business units within the hub. The Accounting Specialist services the Regional Advertising Receivable Supervisor and business units as needed. The accounting specialist will focus primarily on advertising accounts receivable tasks, assist the shared service centers, and provide excellent customer service to the advertising division at the business units. Accuracy, timeliness and strong customer service skills are requirements for success.
- Reviews aging and credit balances on customers advertising and house accounts.
- Performs advertising billing tasks such as but not limited to; processing adjustments and refunds, invoicing verification, account set-up, account reconciliation.
- Is aware of and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley + F/ARM requirements
- Develops relationships and provides support to the Regional Advertising Receivable Supervisor and business unit personnel
- Works with business unit, hub and CCC on any billing needs
- May participates in various month end closing processes
- Active participation during internal audits
- Develops and maintains a relationship with shared service centers relating to specialist’s expertise
- Provides and maintains excellent customer service to hub management, business unit personnel and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business unit satisfaction
- Regional Advertising Receivable Supervisor
- On time and accurate handling of tasks
- Thorough knowledge of processes
- Working knowledge of advertising billing systems and accounts receivable systems
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to balance numbers
- Customer/client orientation
- Support multiple business units simultaneously
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of general accounting clerical work experience
- Demonstrated customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in advertising billing
- Basic excel skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY NETWORK, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top