Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
The Finance Shared Service Center, located in Fishers, provides all finance services for all Gannett markets.
The AP Specialist supports business units
in the area of conducting vendor maintenance, processing invoices, carrier
interfaces, and other AP payment requests. Also provides payables customer
service to vendors, business units, and customers.
- Coordinating flow of invoices in BasWare and
sending to sites for approval and account coding. Working with site contacts to
ensure all invoices are properly routed.
- Transferring invoices in BasWare to Lawson.
Performing final check of all invoices to ensure coding is reasonable, approval
requirements are met, and sales tax is properly accrued.
- Processing carrier interface files and uploading
in a timely manner.
- Perform accurate
vendor maintenance and vendor research.
- Address email inquiries from NSSC AP mailbox.
Provide accurate responses while developing and maintaining strong working
relationships with vendors, customers, and sites.
- Process invoices
daily in a timely manner.
- Maintaining good working relationships with
sites and vendors while gaining knowledge of industry.
- Performs other duties as required, including
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 1-2 years invoice processing/accounts
payable experience in an automated environment
- Good knowledge of accounting policies and
procedures and use tax application experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to foster customer desire for compliance
of standard policies
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement
accounting policies and procedures with a high degree of accuracy in a fast
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- AS/400 experience is a plus
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top