Accounting Systems Specialist
“Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.”
This position is responsible for the maintenance of billing rate codes and support and/or implementation of new and existing applications and technology for all areas of the NSSC’s business and communications needs. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within financial reporting and cost accounting. Utilizes instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Is expected to utilize good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up.
Functions and Duties:
- Assist with support for various programs/applications, including SharePoint and Access database programs. Resolve minor tech support issues. Utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures to address customer requests in a timely manner related to multiple systems and technologies. Assist with new hire setups like ODBC connections. Perform backup duties for the System Analyst.
- Testing new developments made by the Operations Department
- Maintain rate and transaction codes in Genesys for NSSC newspaper sites.
- Assisting in T-Recs by making scheduling changes/additions
- Back-up for the P-Card support
- Create User Documentation or procedural information in T-Recs, Sharepoint, Access Programs
- Perform other duties as required, including special projects.
- This individual must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong systems orientation.
- MS Office knowledge required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service.
- Shared service experience.
- Associate’s degree is required in accounting or business related concentration or 3-4 years related experience.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top