Accounting - Manager, Accounting
The position assists in supervising the general ledger accounting staff and functions. Responsible for organizing and leading ongoing projects both internal and external to the Shared Service Center. Participation in ongoing operations including general ledger department approvals and staff development.
- PROVIDE ANALYTICAL AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- Work closely with management and staff to develop more efficient ways of processing data, automating manual processes whenever possible
- Provide analytical support to Remainco team. Completion of metrics report along with appropriate recommendations for efficiencies.
- Manage banking administration including set-up/maintain new/existing users for various banking institutions
- Manage the use and administration of the Chesapeake (or like) system, facilitating the use of said system to increase operational efficiency
- Assist with reviews of staff work from all departments including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and accounts payable processing data.
- Provide backup support for check printing, analyst tasks and Assistant Controller tasks.
- Provide on-going coaching/mentoring to direct/indirect reports as it relates to their assigned duties. Includes performance appraisals, potential disciplinary actions and recruiting.
- Monitor P-Card support e-mail and answer questions from sites or perform administrative functions as requested for all of Gannett
- Maintain Business Unit and banking partner relations
- Keep sites updated on companywide process changes and performance issues. Host calls as needed, including presenting training sessions
- Review outstanding transactions monthly and work with cardholders and P-Card accountants to clear them
- Perform all administrative duties for sites under the NSSC control
- Monitor P-Card reports and ensure audit procedures are being followed
- PROVIDE IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT :Partner between the NSSC and sites on project development and implementations. Oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of NSSC projects/implementations.
- Travel to sites to present plans, provide training and ongoing communications with sites
- Maintain Business Unit relationships
- Liaison with NSSC and corporate IT staff
- Manage system and banking conversions/projects
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting or business related concentration.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial accounting, systems, analysis, and shared services experience.
- Accounting supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project coordination.
- CPA qualification a plus.
- This individual must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to handle a high volume of data and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong systems orientation.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets.
- Solid balance sheet account reconciliation background.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent project organizational and effective delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top