Come join the Gannett Regional Finance Division, as an Accounting Clerk for the Florida Southeast region. This position can be located in either Fort Myers, FL, Naples, FL or Tallahassee, FL.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely rate management in support of our business units. This position provides service and support to the Regional Finance Directors, Rate Hub Manager, Hub employees and business units as needed. In all phases of the hub’s evolution, the accounting clerk provides direct support to the hub and business units that includes, but is not limited to, ensuring advertising billing is accurate through proper rate tree maintenance in all advertising billing systems, mapping of all new programs for proper reporting, monitoring of override reports and contract entry, and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance. The accounting clerk is proficient in various types of prder entry systems, expereince with Genesys Advertising is a plus. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for accurate and timely rate programming and strong customer service both for the Hub and the business unit.
In this role you will:
- Process advertising rate tasks such as but not limited to; processing overrides, contract maintenance, advertising billing system data entry including Order Hub, G3, Enterprise Classified System and Wave2Compile and audit contractor commissions, and verifications to ensure outside kiosk vendors are paid accurately and on time for sites within the Hub.
- Provide weekly updates to kiosk tracking reports and assist sales managers in day-to-day communications to kiosk vendors as related to all kiosk functions.
- Develop relationships and provide support to the Rate Hub Manager, Regional Financial Analysis Manager, Regional Finance Director, Finance Hub Vice President and staff at business units.
- Increase productivity by eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with shared service centers relating to specialist’s expertise.
- Support advertising department at the business units by communicating pricing and ordering instructions timely.
- Adhere to Sarbanes Oxley when reviewing rates and override for implementation in the pricing tree.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you need:
- An Associate degree in related field or comparable years of work experience within the field
- 2+ years of financial analysis, accounting or rate programming experience
- Execellent customer service skills
- Proficient with computers and various computer programs i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc..
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment
- Knowledge of Genesys Advertising a plus
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top