Accounting & Analysis Supervisor
The Gannett Company is a leading international news and information company. The Gannett Financial Shared Services, located in Fishers, provides all finance services for all Gannett markets.
Accounting and Analysis Supervisor
The position assists in supervising the general ledger accounting staff and functions. Responsible for organizing and leading ongoing projects both internal and external to the NSSC. Participation in ongoing operations including general ledger department approvals and staff development.
- Supervise a minimum of 3 accounting professionals responsible for financial reporting of various Gannett Units. Organize and lead staff through both internal and external project planning and execution, directing job duties through planning, scheduling, coaching and training. This will also include coordination and communication with external business unit personnel through companywide initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relations with business unit personnel during migration phase and throughout normal operations. Interface with business unit personnel to resolve accounting issues as they arise during normal operations.
- Supervise staff during the month end closing process including review of journal entries, profit and loss schedules and overall timeliness of data provided to the business units. Position will be required to handle some month end functions personally.
- Review and approve month-end balance sheet reconciliations. Complete more complex reconciliations with Controller review.
- Ability to analyze staff’s functions with a vision of streamlining processes.
- Assist with internal/external audits and ensure ongoing compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP, and company established policies.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting or business related concentration.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial accounting, systems, analysis, and shared services experience.
- Accounting supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project coordination.
- CPA qualification a plus.
- This individual must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to handle a high volume of data and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong systems orientation.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets.
- Solid balance sheet account reconciliation background.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent project organizational and effective delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top