Accounting - Accountant II
Come join the USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
Explore the possibilities as a Financial Accountant with Gannett Co, Inc., for our financial hub in Tallahassee FL.
This position is a highly visible position working closely with the Regional Finance Director. This position is responsible for the finance and accounting operations across multiple properties within the southeast region.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure accurate reporting of cost center expenses and statistical account activity during the monthly financial close, preparation of weekly financial projections, maintaining clean balance sheet accounts, calculating and recording bad debt expense, responsible for monthly and quarterly representation, cost center expense budgeting, and other miscellaneous responsibilities.
- Preparation and recording of asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries; maintenance and balancing of subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- General accounting duties including but not limited to production accounting, AP, AR, payroll, cash receipts, etc.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, flashing and other analytical processes. Using established procedures, analyzes departmental fiscal data, monthly, quarterly and annually. Included in analysis is rate approvals, contract review, commission analysis, product analysis, P&L review and other ad hoc analysis.
- Ability to query databases and navigate through multiple systems in an efficient manner, while able to step back and deliver timely, accurate, and thoughtful results and recommendations to management.
- Work closely with Regional Finance Director in a Fortune 500 company
- Assists departmental management staff and other personnel in technical budgetary matters during budget hearings, finance meetings, and in the general preparation and administration of the budget.
- Prepare short and long range projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes. Utilizes current organization-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Here’s what you need:
- 4-year college degree or 5 years of related experience within the field having held positions that were responsible for accounting/finance
- Highly proficient in Excel spreadsheets and other computer applications
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn the financial systems,
- General ledger, and financial reporting skills.
- Accuracy, timeliness and strong customer service skills are requirements for success.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top