Gannett, including the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced Accountant.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited, to:
Completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions
Complex balance sheet account reconciliations and financial reports for sites affiliated with the company’s centralized billing team.
Completes daily triple cash balancing and recording of cash receipts into the general ledger.
Primary contact for cash research items as it relates to balance sheet account reconciliations.
Utilizes instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of a job.
Is expected to utilize good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up. Takes initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies.
- Strong general accounting skills
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Business degree (BS or MBA) with 2+ years of general accounting experience or comparable work experience
- Experience in commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within financial reporting and cost accounting.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top