Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Lafayette, Indiana, is looking for an Account Manager to be responsible for customer service and selling advertising in partnership with assigned sales executives to meet/exceed sales goals.
Job Title: Account Manager
The Account Manager partners with assigned Account Executives and Digital Specialists and serves as the primary customer focused liaison between Advertising Client Services teams. The Account Manager is responsible for building revenue through superior customer relationship management, identifying and communicating potential upsell opportunities, serving as the client champion and proactively initiating projects as needed to support sales team, and managing project deliverables and solutions for clients.
- Identify and communicate potential upsell opportunities. Identify opportunities for incremental revenue generation and communicate to Key Account Executives and Digital Specialists to meet team revenue objectives.
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external vendors to successfully build and fulfill sold solutions. Partner with Key Account Executives and Digital Specialists for pre-campaign and pre-proposal support, and post-sale analysis to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Proactively manage relationships with key internal and external vendors (Gannett Local, GCS, etc.) to ensure deliverables meet agreed upon specifications, deadlines and standards.
- Serve as primary contact with customers for tasks including ad copy and proofs, as well as any other function related to customer service or execution of a sold advertising plan
- Work in conjunction with Account Executive and Digital Specialist to build unique and innovative solutions for customers. Identify opportunities to enhance or streamline internal processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years Account Management, Customer Service or Sales experience
- Proven record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment
- Demonstrated success in delivering customer solutions and/or building revenue
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media platforms
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management abilities
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including solid proofing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; SalesForce.com or other CRM tool preferred.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top