Account Executive, Territory - Wausau
Every active, growing community needs a thriving business sector to support it. And to thrive, businesses need customers. That’s where we come in. The Wausau Daily Herald, part of the USA Today Network, is dedicated to delivering customers to our local businesses, helping them become profitable and sustainable.
The Account Executive role we have open is the catalyst to make it all happen. We’re looking for the right candidate to join our dynamic, integrated, world-class sales team and help businesses reach their customers. We bring the future of advertising and digital marketing solutions to our customers today. If you are looking for a rewarding career working with the areas top businesses, then the Wausau Daily Herald/USA Today Network, is the place to be!
The candidate hired for the Account Executive role sells multi-media advertising solutions to the local business sector. Primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Meets or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains and grows account base. Develops and delivers ideas/solutions to grow market share within an existing customer base. Delivers and obtains long term commitments and campaigns.
- Develops an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develops an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Works with Sales Manager(s) and Client Solutions/Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers. Focuses on delivering and obtaining long term commitments and campaigns.
- Utilizes sales tools and research to articulate value of Company offerings.
- 3+ years outside sales experience
- Strong computer skills and digital savvy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, problem solver and a decision maker
- College degree in marketing, advertising or related field/experience
- Ability to think strategically
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required
- Base pay plus commission compensation structure – no cap on commissions!
- Company cell phone and mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top