Account Executive, Territory - Richmond
The Palladium-Item Media Group in eastern Indiana seeks a dynamic Account Executive.
The Palladium-Item is a Gannett Co. Inc. media property in Richmond, on the eastern Indiana border with Ohio along Interstate 70. It’s conveniently located about an hour from Indianapolis, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Sells multi-media advertising solutions to the small business account sector that make decisions locally. Primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base. This is an outside sales position.
- Sell print and digital business offerings and demonstrates an understanding of these products and is able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Develop an understanding of the customers’ individual business needs, trends and patterns within your designated vertical. Develop an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Develop and work a pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produce accurate forecasts.
- Work with Client Solutions/Market Development to develop strategies at both the client and vertical level.
- Work with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s) and Client Solutions/Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers. Focus on delivering and obtaining long term commitments and campaigns.
- Maintain an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related work experience.
- 1+ years sales experience, previous digital sales experience preferred.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Must have ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Requires an understanding of targeted industries and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint) and time management skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience is a plus.
Here’s what we have to offer:
Palladium-Item Media offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways. Paid Time Off, Mediacal, Dental and Vision, 401K.
Palladium-Item Media is building a team of highly engaged, talented employees who understand what it takes to win, and who want to build strong partnerships with the businesses in the communities we serve. We look for people who want to do more than just come to work every day, but who thrive in an environment of transformation. We expect initiative and reward innovation. We encourage continuous learning and offer opportunities for career advancement both locally and nationally.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 100 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top