Account Executive, Territory
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be the candidate we are looking for:
Are you a hunter, always searching for new prospects?
Are you a world class presenter who is engaging, poised and professional?
Do you have a proven history of achieving or exceeding your sales goals?
Do you have high energy and are able to juggle an amazing number of projects?
Are you a persistent seller who doesn’t take no for an answer?
Are you a quick learner who is keen in understanding the customer’s business?
We are searching for Sales Professionals to join our innovative and multi-platform team. Our culture thrives on creating and executing big ideas that provide solutions for our clients.
The Alamogordo Daily News, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Account Executive to join our team. The primary responsibility of our sales professionals is to grow market share within a designated territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within the existing client base. We have found our successful sales professionals possess a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, we have an array of products including alamogordonews.com and The Alamogordo Daily News.
- Develop a high level of competency of the company’s competitive advertising environment.
- Sell multi-media advertising solutions.
- Manage a book of business and meet monthly revenue goals.
- Increase market share by gaining new business through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with potential customers.
- Take a strategic view of the client’s business and what solutions we can offer.
- Recommend creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line.
- Develop creative, custom and effective solutions for our clients.
- Articulate the value of digital media products to our customers.
- Lead strategic advertising projects by developing and retaining new, local and direct business for the local operating unit.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years business-to-business sales experience; previous digital media sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to deliver presentations is crucial to success in the job, so proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills; with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients.
- Creative, flexible and able to adapt to industry change.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines.
- Time-management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top