Account Executive, Territory
Account Executive, Territory-USA Today Network, Memphis
The Commercial Appeal (a USA Today Network Co.) is looking for Account Executive, Territory. The Account Executive, Territory will responsible for maintaining existing accounts, building customer relationships, identifying and selling new accounts, ensuring account compliance to national agreement guidelines, ensuring accuracy of rates, sustaining excellent customer service. The Account Executive will professionally, effectively and accurately represent our products in the marketplace while facilitating brand strength and credibility. The Account Executive will meet annual revenue goals, be able to develop a network of contacts to identify client needs, deliver effective proposals, develop sales opportunities, utilize strong negotiation skills internally and externally to develop strong positioning, pricing, premiums, sponsorships, and more. This role sells multi-media advertising solutions to the local business sector with local or regional decision makers.
- The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
- Maintains an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal.
- Develops and works a pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produces accurate forecasts.
- Communicates with clients on needs analysis, delivering proposals/campaigns and conflict resolution.
- Negotiates contracts/rates while keeping customer ROI and the Company’s rate integrity intact. Executes the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or similar field, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years in an outside sales position. Digital advertising sales preferred.
- Basic understanding of digital platform tools such as SEO/SEM and PPC.
- Social Media Marketing experience a plus.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including: Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401(K) Saving Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays, Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community, Employee Discount Program and more!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top