Account Executive - Keys
Star Media, a Gannett Co. Inc. company, and the parent company of the Indianapolis Star and IndyStar.com, is an integrated marketing solutions provider. From print and online display ads to search engine marketing, social media and other online marketing services, we provide you with the best marketing solutions to reach our advertisers’ target audiences.
Being a part of the Gannett family means that Star Media is not only the local market expert reaching over 800,000 Indianapolis area readers every week, but also a part of a leading media and marketing solutions company that reaches millions of people every day through our digital, mobile, broadcast, and print media. This role is responsible for selling multi-media advertising solutions to the very critical large local business sector with local or regional decision makers. The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
In this role you will:
Sell multi-media marketing solutions to the very critical large local business sector with local or regional decision makers. Primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. This is an outside sales position.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a topnotch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital campaign manager, a marketing strategist and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You’re a battletested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You’re the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You’re a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You’re a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You graduated college with an impressive GPA and an extracurricular life.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here’s what we have to offer:
Star Media offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Star Media is building a team of highly engaged, talented employees who understand what it takes to win, and who want to build strong partnerships with the businesses in the communities we serve. We look for people who want to do more than just come to work every day, but who thrive in an environment of transformation. We expect initiative and reward innovation. We encourage continuous learning and offer opportunities for career advancement both locally and nationally. Self-motivated, agile sales professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit who are curious and creative will be most successful in our company.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top