Account Executive, Inside Sales
The Indianapolis Star, a Gannett Company, has two positions available for Inside Sales Account Executives. Inside account executives sell, via phone, multi-media advertising solutions to specific account sectors. They grow market share and increase client satisfaction within a designated territory or account list through a combination of acquiring new business and increasing client spend.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Meets or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains and grows account base. Develops and delivers ideas/solutions to grow market share within an existing customer base. Delivers and obtains long term commitments and campaigns.
- Develops an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develops an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Identifies and qualifies customers that have revenue opportunities. Develops and delivers advertising ideas/solutions that grow market share and ROI to customers.
- Utilizes sales tools and research to articulate value of Company offerings.
- Maintains an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal. Develops and works a pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produces accurate forecasts.
- Sells print and digital business offerings and demonstrates an understanding of these products. Able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Strategizes with team members to plan and execute multimedia marketing plans.
- Utilizes a CRM system to manage day-to-day activities and stay abreast of details that require urgent attention.
- Understands market competitors and executes strategies for selling against the competition.
- Partners with the sales support on day-to-day activities within account base. Works with all internal departments and vertical specialists. Works with Digital Specialist to identify and communicate opportunities as it relates to new business and existing accounts.
- Manages time as it relates to focus on sales related activities and utilizes support staff to handle most non-sales related activities. Has an understanding of their assigned territory/market as it relates to customers, prospects, key trends etc.
- Increases market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base through aggressive outbound sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with customers and/or potential customers. Executes the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through.
- Primary contact with customers for tasks including: Presentations, needs analysis, annual/quarterly campaign proposals and contract discussions.
- Communicates with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s), vertical specialists and internal departments to resolve issues as they pertain to strategy and execution. Communicates customer needs to Account Manager so that client presentations can be created.
- Communicates with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s), and vertical specialists and internal departments to resolve issues as they pertain to strategy and execution.
- Drives initiatives for constructive change and looks for opportunities to encourage others to become agents for change.
- Works to build consensus with sales support, sales management, vertical specialists and other internal departments regarding strategy and execution of results oriented advertising plans.
- Works to build “outside of the box” plans that will deliver ROI for customers (internal & external).
Candidates should have:
A Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years experience in sales or customer service.
General sales acumen.
Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including solid proofing skills.
Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment. Ability to work as part of a team.
Effective and creative problem-solving and decision making skills as well as proficient PC skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; SalesForce.com or other CRM tool preferred.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 100 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Back to top