Account Executive I
The Times Media Network part of the USA TODAY NETWORK a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties, has an exciting opportunity for an Automotive Account Executive
The account executive will provide a high level of service, maintain and grow digital and print revenue while developing and closing new business prospects in the defined automotive category. Reporting to the Automotive Sales Manager, the Automotive Account Executive will support the team’s established sales goals by selling the entire portfolio of digital and print products offered by The Daily Advertiser. Available position will work out of our Shreveport office
In this role, you will:
- Acquire new business revenue through prospecting, cold-calling, and consultative sales presentations.
- Effectively communicate, through written presentation and verbal skills, the advertising benefits of Media products. Prepare and present comprehensive advertising proposals with schedule and spec ads.
- Provide clients with cost estimates of advertising products and services; address all client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts and maintain up-to-date customer records available for you and management, with the assistance of team coordinators.
- Regular communications with sales management team to provide information regarding business developments, opportunities, and risks within the sales territory.
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars and relevant industry trade shows to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge base.
- Passionately present our audience-based sales approach to current and existing customers throughout the territory.
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Marketing and/or 2+ years of proven sales experience (media sales preferred).
- Excellent sales, communications, social media and computer proficiency, ability to learn and demonstrate complex media solutions for interactive and print advertising.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and well-organized professional.
- Cold calling experience and development of sales strategies a plus.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 107 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top