Account Executive for the Courier Journal
Career Opportunities: Account Executive – Louisville
The Courier-Journal is looking for a strategic seller to join our multi-platform, market leading team that focuses on creating our clients’ prosperity. Our culture thrives on creating and executing big ideas that provide solutions for our clients. The Account Executive, is responsible for selling multi-media marketing solutions to local and regional franchise in the Southern Indiana market. The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new regional business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. This is an outside sales position.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, including our market analysis methodology, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a topnotch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital campaign manager, a marketing strategist and more.
- Sell print and digital business offerings and demonstrate an understanding of these products in order to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- • Develop an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develop an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Develop and work a pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produce accurate forecasts.
- Work with Client Solutions/Market Development to develop strategies at both the client and vertical level.
- Work with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s) and Client Solutions/Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers. Focus on delivering and obtaining long term commitments and campaigns.
- Maintain an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related work experience.
- 1+ years sales experience, previous digital sales experience preferred.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Must have ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Requires an understanding of targeted industries and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends. Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Ability to drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint) and time management skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 100 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top