The Desert Sun Media Group, a part of the Gannett Co. Inc. family/USA TODAY NETWORK, is the leading source of local news and information in Coachella Valley through our distinct mix of local print, mobile and online products, including desertsun.com. Desert Sun Medis is committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals
We have an immediate opening for a Territory Account Executive. This position involves selling multi-media advertising solutions to the mid-to-large business sector, by growing market share through a combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend.
In this role you will:
- Conduct thorough needs analyses
- Meet or exceet revenue expectations in SOP’s in assigned territory, and achievs monthly sales closing requirements.
- Increase market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base.
- Develos a working pipeline of potential customers and follow the Desert Media Group sales process.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales presentations using Ad Mall to maximize ad sales revenue.
- Develop and deliver advertising ideas/solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide detailed and accurate information for CRM (SalesForce) and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on marketing, communications, business or related field OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of sales experience with proven track record of success.
- Extensive understanding of mid-to-large local market, as it relates to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Excellent presentation skills with a desire to overcome objections.
- Demonstrated record of success building customer-based revenue in account bases and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Strong Microsoft Office and time management skills; must be organized and able to work in a highly accountable team environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, reliable transportation and have a good driving record
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Desert Sun Media Group is the most powerful media and marketing solutions organization in the Coachella Valley. We’re committed to help build local businesses through our unmatched portfolio of optimized marketing solutions.
The Desert Sun Media Group is the Coachella Valley’s primary destination, providing news and information to consumers when, how and where they want it. www.desertsun.com
Gannett (NYSE: GCI) is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 92 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.
Each month more than 100 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY and Gannett’s local media organizations, putting the company squarely in the Top 10 U.S. news and information category. U.S. newspapers add an additional audience of 9 million readers every weekday.
Utilizing innovations in technology, digital media and print publishing, our 360° storytelling is offered in markets all across the U.S. From local townships to the national stage, we keep readers informed with what interests them most. When their hometown celebrates, we all share in that joy. When the nation is challenged, we band together as a community. Our voices are strongest together. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top