Are you a highly focused sales leader looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your results? Do you want to work in the fast-growing, exciting, and ever-changing small to medium market, helping customers strategize across multiple media platforms? The Clarion-Ledger Media group part of the USA TODAY Network, has an opportunity as an Account Executive. We are a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
The Account Executive plays a critical role by providing advertising solutions that drive results for our customers. The primary responsibility will be to grow market share thru the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base. The right individual will have a proven track record of success in a sales environment and a passion for customer-centric multi-media advertising solutions.
In this role you will:
- Consistently hit revenue goals by fostering long term relationships with clients.
- Increase chances for success by securing quality time with key decision makers by developing and maintaining a plan for success that includes; prospecting, in depth account knowledge, face-to-face meetings, innovative problem solving and execution.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining an aggressive pipeline with the support of an experienced sales management team
- Sell multi-media products to include online, newspaper, direct mail, and magazine and develop advertising solutions to meet customer’s unique advertising needs.
- Accurately develop forecast and manage pipeline through Salesforce.com
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although years of experience within the field will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven sales experience, advertising sales preferred.
- Effective negotiation skills; ability to work through objections/concerns regarding budget, costs, and selling strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales, up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 107 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless
Back to top