Senior Frontend Engineer - Portland, OR
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 100,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
Frontend Engineers are an essential part of Gametime's Client Team. Working closely with product and design teams, we implement the user interface of our web app. We build libraries and abstractions to make our lives easier. We use latest technologies like React, Redux, ES6, and SASS, and we ensure our UIs work well on all screen sizes. We take performance and testing seriously while we build the future of our web app.
What you'll do/own:
- Work with design and product teams to create a highly functional web product
- Create efficient and reusable front-end systems to drive our web application and marketplace
- Design and implement SEO strategies for user acquisition
- Must be able to execute on your own roadmap rapidly and iteratively
- Participate in product releases and code reviews
- Delegate and mentor junior team members to ensure performance and goals are achieved
- Constantly explore and communicate front-end best practices.
Our ideal candidate:
- Expert knowledge of responsive websites using CSS preprocessors like less, sass
- Experience with architectural work involving performance optimization with SEO
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with Amazon web technologies.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive comp package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Monthly commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch subsidies
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- New equipment and multi-monitor setup provided
Back to top