Senior Data Engineer
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 100,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Gametime, you will have the opportunity to work not only within the data team but across the entire business. You’ll be at the forefront of building scalable systems for product, marketing, engineering, finance, and customer support to handle the high volume of data we collect as one of the fastest-growing startups in the Bay Area.
What you'll do/own:
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines and data storage on AWS using Kinesis, Redshift, S3, and a Spark based streaming architecture
- Create scalable and low latency code for data products using MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch or similar
- Scale and maintain our Analytics Databases to power our dashboards
- Collaborate with our data scientists to productionize their models
- Implement Comprehensive Testing and Continuous Integration frameworks for schema, data, and functional processes/pipelines
Our ideal candidate has:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience or field
- At least 5 years experience using Redshift or a similar Data Warehouse
- At least 5 years experience programming, preferably with Python or Go
- Hands-on experience with SQL, ETL, Data Warehousing and Data Orchestration
- Familiarity with scheduling frameworks, preferably Airflow
- Familiarity with real-time/batch distributed systems like Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, professional experience with Redis and Elastic search
- Familiarity with business intelligence/analytics tools like Tableau or Periscope Data
What we can offer you:
- Competitive SF Bay Area total comp package
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch stipends
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- New equipment and multi-monitor setup provided
- Company-paid lunches (M-Thu)
- Unlimited snacks, drinks
- Company swag
- Company happy-hours, events and outings
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Back to top