Senior Backend Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Gametime, you will be part of the team that builds and supports the engine that powers the Gametime experience for millions of customers. We empower our engineers to own the code they write by fostering a culture that believes in unit-testing, code reviews, metrics/instrumentation, and pushing code all the way through to production.
What you'll do/own:
- Work closely with the Product and Client teams to build new features for our mobile and web products
- Design and build high throughput systems to support the ingestion and management of inventory across tens of thousands of live sporting and music events
- Help design, scale, and A/B test our proprietary algorithms that curate and price inventory to best match our customer’s needs
- Develop and maintain reliable APIs (both external and internal facing) that support upwards of 500K RPM
- Lead impactful projects end-to-end from ideation to production launch
- Influence Gametime’s technology and team by giving tech talks and promoting engineering best practices.
More about you:
- 6+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Proficiency in at least one backend server language (we use Go, Ruby, Python)
- Production experience with database storage systems - SQL and/or NoSQL (we use MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Redshift)
- 3+ years of experience working with a major cloud platform (we’re on AWS)
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration systems
- Experience working with CI/CD tools
- Experience building high throughput, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
What we offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Monthly Gametime credits for any event ($1,200/yr)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Back to top